Simply Teaching

Albert Einstein said, "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." In this blog I will write my thoughts for myself and others. I intend to look at teaching and learning from the viewpoint of doing the greatest things in the most minimalistic way. In other words, how can one do teaching that matters without all the fluff that interferes. Blog by Jim Hansen.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Key to Success? Grit! Angela Lee Duckworth TED Talk

Angela Lee Duckworth: The key to success? Grit.  Good stuff and I agree!
"Grit is passion and perseverance for very long-term goals. Grit is having stamina. Grit is sticking with your future, day in, day out, not just for the week, not just for the month, but for years, and working really hard to make that future a reality. Grit is living life like it's a marathon, not a sprint."




Posted by Jim Hansen at 6:32 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Simply Teaching
Simply Teaching

Promote Your Page Too
3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th - Poetry, Reading, Arithmetic - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Followers

Blog Archive

  • ►  2018 (1)
    • ►  July (1)
  • ►  2017 (3)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2016 (12)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (1)
  • ►  2015 (5)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (2)
  • ►  2014 (3)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  April (2)
  • ▼  2013 (3)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ▼  June (2)
      • You can Google that: Rethinking our approach to Ed...
      • The Key to Success? Grit! Angela Lee Duckworth TED...
  • ►  2012 (7)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2011 (8)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2010 (15)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  March (3)
  • ►  2009 (34)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2008 (51)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (12)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (12)

Popular Posts

  • The Lack of Male Teachers in the Elementary Schools
    Why is there a lack of male teachers in the elementary school grades? I find it to be a very fulfilling job, so where are all the other guys...
  • Are We Human...or Are We Dancers?
    "Are we human...or our we dancer?" That is a line from "The Killers" song " Human ". I understand that the so...
  • National Symbols Posters and Word Clouds
    Here is an animoto video of some of our National symbols, monuments, and landmarks. Take a look at the wonderful lettering on the posters. ...
  • What is Men's Work? What is Women's Work?
    This was the question I asked my class to respond to before reading our first reading selection this year. We were reading a story called ...
  • A Simple Playful Classroom
    As a long time and "aging" athlete, I have been interested in the concept of "play" as part of sports. It started when I...
  • Move Around Math Classroom Fraction Scavenger Hunts Grade 5 Common Core
    This recent study says that, " Kids who move while learning may absorb more ." "Kids who jump, squat and move their b...
  • A Nice Evening at the Boys and Girls Club of Nashua
    Last week I attended a function honoring local teachers at the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Nashua . One of my current students had nomina...
  • Saying Farewell to Mount Pleasant School
    This week ended my run of teaching at Mount Pleasant Elementary School. I have been in the same classroom for 21 years and it was time to ge...
  • Things I Can Fix/ Things I Can't Fix
    I was inpired by Jim McGuire on his The Reading Workshop blog post entitled What Can Be Fixed . A good blog post like this gets you thinkin...
  • Simply Dressing Up for School
    I don't do it often, but today I got dressed up for school (much to the amusement of many people). So I have to put up a picture. Her...

About Me

Jim Hansen teaches fifth grade at the New Searles Elementary School in Nashua, New Hampshire.



My Blog List

  • 21 st Century Educational Technology and Learning
    Artificial Intelligence and Teacher/Educator Productivity with ChatGPT… 10 Real World Ideas!
    2 years ago
  • Free Technology for Teachers
    Seven Mind Mapping Tools to Try This Year
    3 years ago
Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.