Saturday, September 6, 2008

Simple Houses

How simple can you go? What does it really mean to get back to the basics? That are lots of things we can simplify, teaching being one of them, but I was astounded when I saw how simple some people are getting when it comes to housing. There are people and companies like the Tumbleweed Tiny House company that make very tiny houses (some less than 100 square feet) for people to live in. I don't know what this has to do with teaching other than I want to keep these companies away from the classroom. My classroom feels small enough as it is!

This is Jay Shafer's tiny 100 square foot house. He is a the founder of Tumbleweed Houses and has been living in tiny homes for over 10 years. You have to see how he takes a shower in the bathroom and if you stick around until the end, you will have find Jay has a really great "guy" reason for living in a tiny house!



A lady in Washington lives in this 84 square foot house.



Notice Dee enjoys reading Harry Potter, but she has to read it outside the house. I think the book is too big to be read inside her house!


Then there is this old woman...

No comments: